Saturday, November 29, 2008

AU smart: Gotta love japanese phones

About a month ago I finally got a new phone (I had been using my previous one for over 3 years) after my old one stopped breathing. Did not get a new model as I wanted one made by SANYO and their latest mobile was from the spring lineup. Why SANYO? Because their phones have a really useful dictionary software that allows me to read and copy/paste Japanese characters without having to leave email mode (most dictionaries force you to leave your email and get into the dictionary program to use it).
Anyways, fortunately the phone was new enough to have the AU smart sports software installed. This new software (not so new anymore) with the use of GPS allows walkers, runners and cyclists know the distance they cover and the speed they are going to on any given training session. The software also shows you a map of where you are at any given point during your journey. It also has other features such as calories-burned counter, mp3 player and a website where you can record your daily training.
I've had my phone for a bit over a month already and two days ago finally decided to give the system a try. Pretty useful and accurate. I will definitely be using it whenever I do free runs to know the distance I am covering. And good thing the phone I have is water proof so sweat and rain shouldn't be a problem ... wonder though if it is free of charge hmmm....

No comments: