Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Last track race of the year

On October 14th I took part in a track race in Tokyo National Stadium. This was my last official track race this year and my last chance to break 4.10 in 1500.
There were 103 runners divided into 4 groups (26) registered for the 1500. Usually the fastest group is last, rarely first. This time however it was the 3rd group, mine, the one with the fast times.
Excellent start, locating myself among the top 5 runners. Kept going at pace for the first 600 meters. Messed it up in the middle 600 meters and recovered lost terrain in the last 300 meters.
Finished 4th with a time of 4.14.
No PB and no goal accomplished, but a good run considering I had an injured knee.
I guess I will have to wait until April for another shot to break 4.10.

No comments: