Friday, December 18, 2009

Races in November

Took part in two half marathons in November. What was meant to be my main event of the year, Saitama half, ended up becoming a training run due to illness.
I guess that's that for individual events this year. A year where nothing other than wisdom was won.

Hikarigaoka half marathon
First time I take part in this race. When I signed up I had as a goal to place top 3. Worst case scenario place top 5. Finished 8th in a mediocre time of 1 hour 16 minutes. If I would have at least tied my personal best though I would have finished top 5 as planned.
The race organization is not the best I have seen, yet acceptable. However the course is repetitive, thus boring. There is a lack, or to be more exact, there are no kilometer marks. And it is a bit crowded in places. All in all I'd give this a score of 3/5. A race to do just once (I will probably do it again as a revenge).
I wonder what the prizes are as the price to participate is not cheap - 3500 yen.
As there were no kilometer marks I have no splits.

Saitama half marathon
Came into this race just for a jog. The first (and hopefully only time) time I pay 3500 yen to just jog. The course was not repetitive, but it was not eye opening either. Just a run around Saitama City, where there is really nothing to see.
Might come next year again as there were kilometer marks and the organization I thought was good.
My 5km splits: 20.48 - 19.24 - 20.34 - 19.11 - 3.30
Hoping this to be my marathon pace!

No comments: