Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And now to the important stuff ...

Summer is over meaning the road racing season is here and with it my most important events of the year. I compete all year round, however between October and March I tend to run my most important races. What's in the menu so far?
October 19th: Takashimadaira 20 km
I will not give 100% in this race, but I will give it more than 90%. Planning to pass the first 10 km in 35 minutes and either pick up the pace or maintain it. If I can manage a 70 minute run I'd be a very happy person.
October 26th: Machida 5000 meter track race
Haven't done any speed training in the last months, but I will try to go for a personal best in this, my first official 5000 meter race. If I fail I will go for it again on the 30th at the Atomi time trial.
Breaking 15.50 should be possible.
November 16th: Ageo half marathon
Main event of the year. I haven't had a personal best attempt at a half marathon since January 2007 so I am looking forward to this race. My goal will depend on how Takashimadaira feels but if everything goes well there I might try to go for a sub 73 minutes.
December 14th: Mitake 15 km trail run
My debut trail run. Apparently lots of climbing to be done. I will be going in with no practice or experience but hoping to be in the top 15 places.
December 21st: Ota-ku 10 km road race (maybe)
I have done this event twice already and it seems like the perfect place to attempt to break my personal best in the 10 km by hopefully 60 seconds or so.
If I do not race this I might do a 10,000 meter run at the track on my own.
January events:
Wanted to do Shinjuku half but apparently applications have closed due to its popularity. Might do the 10km run instead though.
I will also be doing Shibuya ekiden and perhaps a duathlon or some road race I find.

I think that's all for now.

No comments: