Wednesday, August 22, 2007

2007 running: January to May

After this post I will have one more post left (June / July running) and I will have catched up with time. I will then be able to write at the end of the month or after an event, etc.

The first 5 months of this year I had a slight improvement. I ran a total of 1,189km, averaging 238km per month.

Competitevely things kicked out on the right foot. I took part in 7 events (3 ekidens), achieving personal bests in 4 of them. Out of the 3 ekidens (Japanese road relays) my team won 2, mostly thanks to my fast teammates. Although I was absent during the ceremony, I got my first gold medal in this country.

Another thing to note is that I finally broke the 300km barrier, running 311km in May.


Some highlights of 2007


Jason and I running 1500mts at the Setagaya spring track meet. One of my favorite races till now ... wish I had it on video.









Jason, Brett, Patrick and I ... a truly international team ... winners of the 2007 Inagi Ekiden.






No comments: